Voting

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day's like today I love the South

Days like today are a good reminder of how amazing my life really is.  It's the simple things in life that  make me happy!

For starters, Josh was off today which makes any day a good day!  Secondly, it was warm and Sunny! A perfect spring day! While all our friends and family are stuck in WA FREEZING we were out enjoying the sun!

Hannah in the bounce house!
So what did we do to enjoy this beautiful day?  Josh started his day with a fishing trip to the river while Hannah  and I went out shopping for a birthday present since we had a party to attend this afternoon. Nothing like doing things last minute, I know! LOL.  The birthday party was "Carnival" themed and Hannah had a blast!   She got to play in a bounce house and try cotton candy for the first time!  When we got home we went for a nice long walk with the neighbors and their kids!  We def got our fair share of vitamin D today!

Now the night is winding down and Hannah is already tucked into bed after a long day and Josh headed back to the river for a couple more hours of fishing and I am relaxing in bed trying not to fall a sleep myself!  Though our day may not be what other would consider fun and exciting it is days like these that make all the long days that Josh is stuck at work, worth while for me.  There is nothing better then spending quality time with the two people I love most in this world. My husband and my daughter!

Surprisingly enough it is also days like today that I realize I am going to miss Georgia when it is time for us to leave here.  I hated it here when I first got here, but over the last 2 years it has started to grow on me.  This is where Josh and I started our lives as a married couple and it is where I gave birth to our precious baby girl.  Even though I never wanted to let it feel like home, somehow it has.

Even more surprisingly I am starting to feel anxious about moving back to WA at the beginning of next year.  I have grown accustom to our lives here.  I was in such a hurry to get home again that I forgot about the parts of my life that weren't so great there and I worry that I might get sucked back into certain things that I had to move 3,000 miles from home to get away from.  I have become a different person since I have been away.  I have family of my own to take care of now and they come first and foremost. Will my friends and family be able to accept this and accept the new me?  Will some of the people that were once so dear to my heart be able to fit into my new life?  I guess only time will tell, but I am no longer in a rush to get to the future... I am going to spend the last 10 months that I have here in GA taking advantage of all the south has to offer and enjoying all the little things that I now know I will miss about my home away from home!
She was suppose to be a Butterfly but she wasn't sitting still!

A couple picks of Hannah enjoying herself at the party today!!!!

Hannah eating her first Cotton Candy!

1 comment:

  1. Hon, I was raised on that Chattahoochee River, only furtehr North in Atlanta. And you are right, Spring time in Georgia is heaven.

    ReplyDelete