Sunday, March 6, 2011

Guess I am not the best at keeping up with this blog......

So I realize that I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog and I left the rest of Hannah's story untold. The truth is life is busy and and so is Hannah.  Any mother of a one year old knows that!  So here is the quick verison of the other half of my "birthing" story.

Hannah was born 1/21/10 at 10am in the morning.  I spent four nights in the hosiptal before she was born.  After 24 hrs of enduced labor my condition was quickly worsing and they were forced to take her via "C" section.  At this point the fear and anxitey I had been feeling for the last 4 days was gone.  As they wheeled me into the operation room I felt a  peace around me.  In that monment I knew God was there to take care of us.  I finally let go of my daughter and gave her to God and in return he gave me the peace and knowlegdge that she was going to be okay.

It's been over a year now, and I still get tears in my eyes remembering that day.  My husband says that is was stromy and rainy out but at 10am when Hannah was born and we first heard her cry he claims the rain stopped and the sun came out.  I was too out of it to notice, but it makes perfect sense to me.  The worst part of our personal strom was over and Hannah was the sunshine at the end!  She weighed 4lb 2ounces and was 17 inches long.

I only got to see my perfect little princess for a second before they took her to the NICCU.  It would be over 24hrs before I would get to see her again and before I would get to hold her for the first time.  Josh went between me and the NICCU.  Keeping a close eye on both of his girls and bring me pictures of our new little bundle of joy!

We spent the next 3 days in the hosiptal with Hannah in the NICCU.  Even though she couldn't be in my room with us it was nice to be able to see her anytime I wanted too.  After I was released Hannah had to stay.  I hated leaving her there.  I came home feeling empty.  The last time I had been home she was with me, and it was almost more then I could bare that she couldn't come home with me.  It also made visiting her so much harder.  We live 25 minutes from the hosiptal she was born at, but we still made it twice a day everyday to see her.

My little fighter was born tiny but perfect.  She had some slight reflux issues, but was breathing on her own and never needed a feeding tube. She only had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks before we got to bring her home! All in all we were truely blessed with a miracle! Hannah is 13 months now and looking at her you would never know she had such rough start in this life.  She has completely caught up in almost all areas.  She is not walking yet, but the doctors aren't worried about that because she shouldn't even be a year old yet and not all babies walk before they are a year!

Well that is all for now.  More later!


  1. Came over from your husband's site. Great story and I could feel your love and worry. I'll be back. You are welcome at my place,too...if you can stand it.

  2. Hello Melinda, I came here from Coffeypot's blog. He's over there pimpin' you out! He's a darling!
    Sounds like you've had quite the adventure with your baby! So glad she's doing well.

  3. Thanks to both of you! :) I'm new to this blog thing. My husband is really on me to do it because he wants me to tell the the other side of the military life story! LOL. Hope I don't bore ya'll to death since all I really do is take care of, play with, and clean up after Hannah all day everyday! LOL